These franchises offer reliable brands, strong support systems, and plenty of opportunities for franchisees. If you’re thinking of getting involved in a franchise, consider one of these options as GbBIS counts down the list of the top 10 global franchises.
10. Hertz—a car rental and dealership franchise that has locations in 145 countries. The company dates back to 1918 and operates several subbrands today.
9. Dunkin’ Donuts—this coffee and donut franchise was founded back in 1948 and has over 10,000 locations in 32 countries worldwide.
8. Ace Hardware Corporation—though sales have been declining, this home improvement company makes an average $3 billion in retail hardware sales annually.
7. Wyndham Hotel Group—first founded in the 1980’s, this hotel and resort franchise has grown rapidly. It includes Grand Bay Hotels and Resorts, Summerfield Suites, and LXR Luxury Resorts.
6. Pizza Hut—it’s hard to leave the US and not find a Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., the world’s largest restaurant company.
5. Burger King—maybe not the reining king of burger franchises, but Burger King has more than 12,400 outlets in 73 countries.
4. 7 Eleven—located in 16 countries, 7 eleven is the world’s largest operator, franchisor and licensor of convenience stores, with more than 46,000 outlets.
3. KFC—KFC is the biggest fried chicken franchise in the world: 17,000 outlets in 105 countries and territories.
2. McDonald’s—the most popular fast-food burger franchise in the world, McDonald’s opened its first restaurant in 1940 in San Bernardino, California. Today, McDonald’s serves 68 million customers daily in 119 countries.
1. Subway—those Jared advertising campaigns must have paid off for Subway. It was voted the #1 franchise by Franchise Direct. Subway is one of the fastest growing franchises in the world with 37,776 restaurants in 100 countries and territories.
If you’re thinking of becoming a franchise operator, or if you are looking for tools to help your franchise rank among the top global franchises, contact GbBIS. We offer a comprehensive collection of tools for franchise management. Our web applications help you visualize customer locations, demographics, and sales data; our maps help you establish franchise boundaries, and our custom reports help you make better informed business decisions.
Contact GbBIS today. We can help you better manage your franchise